How To Send A Transaction
If you plan to move a large amount of Ether or tokens, you should send a test transaction of a small amount to the destination wallet first to ensure everything goes as planned. Optional, but highly recommended (if you haven't already) Install MetaMask or EtherAddressLookup Chrome Extension to protect yourself from malicious websites around the crypto space that will steal your private keys. Or even better, think about getting yourself a hardware wallet. You have hundreds, thousands of dollars online, you might as well spend a little bit more money to ensure that your funds are safe.
- Navigate to the [Send] page (https://mycrypto.com/account)
- Select how you would like to access your wallet and unlock it.
- If you installed MetaMask earlier, set up your system to unlock your wallet safely in just one click. Because of how fast & easy it is, we strongly recommend this method.
- Enter the address you would like to send to in the "To Address:" field.
- If sending a Token (if its just ETH, move onto step 6):
- Select which token you would like to send.
- If you do not see the token listed:
- In the sidebar, click Add Custom Token.
- Enter the address, name, and decimals of the token. These are provided by the developers of the token and are also found on ethplorer.io
- Click "Save".
- You can now send that token as well as see it's balance in the sidebar.
- Enter the amount you would like to send.
- You can also click the "Send Entire Balance" link if you would like the transfer the entire balance.
- Click "Generate Transaction". A couple more fields will appear. This is your browser generating the transaction.
- Click the blue "Send Transaction" button below that. A pop-up will appear. Double-check the amount, type of coin, and the address are correct.
- Click "Yes, I am sure! Make transaction." button. The transaction will be submitted. The TX ID will display. You can click that TX ID to see it on the blockchain.
Just as a reminder, any transaction that you make will require Gas which is paid in Ether. It is a transaction fee that is paid to the miners as an incentive to include your transactions in the blocks that they mine.
For more information about Gas, please click here.
During busy network times, please read here for more information. as to why your transaction is taking forever to get broadcasted onto the network.